PU OIL Protech Gear Oil 80W90 & 85W140
These Gear Oils are suitable for all bevel, spiral bevel and hypoid gears operating under all service conditions in differentials, manual transmissions and other gear cases of automotive equipment where API GL5 gear oils are called for.
Gear Oil 80W/90 is recommended for many passenger car gear boxes and for the majority of spiral bevel and hypoid final drives and steering gear boxes.
Gear Oil 85W/140 has a higher viscosity and is recommended for some manual transmissions and for the differentials and final drives of most trucks, earthmoving and other heavy equipment.
It represents the best all round lubricant for rationalisation in these and other applications.
These Gear Oils may also be used in automotive worm drive axles and most industrial worm drives with reduction ratios below 10:1.
These Gear Oils are not recommended for use in limited slip differentials.
Features and Benefits
- Multipurpose Gear Oils provide the best possible lubricants to effect rationalisation of gear oils for manual transmissions, differentials and final drives
- They are based on “clean-gear” sulphur phosphorus extreme pressure additive technology
- They have high load carrying capacity for sustained high speed heavy duty operations under high torque loading conditions, and are compatible with other oil based gear oils
- They are fully inhibited against rusting, corrosion, oxidation and foaming
- They meet major manufacturers specifications, including Mack GO-J
Approvals / Recommendations
|API Gear Lubricants|
|BTR (Borg Warner)||5M-36|
|ZF||TE-ML 01/05/07||TE-ML 01/05/07|
|Density @ 15oC Kg/L||0.900||0.9080|
|Flash Point COC oC||230||230|
|Pour Point oC||-24||-24|
|Kinematic Viscosity @ 40oC (cst)||131||337|
|@ 100oC (cst)||14.2||24.9|
|Viscosity cP @ -12oC||–||72500|
|Viscosity cP @ -26oC||136000||–|